Getting Ready for Easter
We have had fun getting ready for Easter! This year we weren’t able to get to everything, but we had so much fun with what we did!
A super simple but cute craft we did this year was made glitter glue eggs! We started with a printout from First Pallette. It’s best to keep things simple for these ages!
Glitter Glue Eggs:
1. First, I printed out Egg Template coloring pages on cardstock (necessary with the glitter pens) from First Pallette.
2. Next, the kids colored them with washable markers.
3. Then, I gave the kids glitter glue pens. (These are my favorite!)
4. Since they love to load it on, it needed a couple of days to dry.
5. We cut them out!
6. Lastly, we hung them up to enjoy as our holiday art! This is important to show the kiddos you value your their work.
Leo Lionni’s Let’s Make Rabbits
I have been meaning to post about my wonderful mother-in-law’s, “Grandma School”!! Once a week she takes the oldest twins to do projects, practice reading and letter games and share her expertise-- she was a kindergarten teacher, too! They look forward to this special time and are always eager to go! I appreciate the time with the littles, especially now that I’m in my third trimester with the boys.
Here is the activity they did for Easter this year. Adorable!!
1. Read Let’s Make Rabbits by Leo Lionni. (The story has bunnies made with wallpaper.)
2. Use colored paper for the background, grass and carrot.
3. Use pastel, floral wallpaper to cut bunny parts and glue them on.
4. Don’t forget the googly eyes!
I’ve always loved Leo Liooni’s books and what a special treat to do this activity with their grandma!
Click the picture to purchase online!
Kathleen is a mom of three sets of spontaneous twins.